I love that the only ingredient in Old-fashioned oats is oats! Oatmeal with peanut butter is one of my favorite things to eat!
¼ cup Old Fashioned Oats
¼ cup Water
1-2 tsp Peanut Butter
Fruit (blueberries, strawberries, ½ banana, etc.)
Optional: ¼ - 1/3 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
- Place oats in microwave-safe bowl
- Add water
- Microwave for 1.5 minutes
- Microwave for an additional 1-1.5 minutes (microwave times may vary)
- Mix in 1-2 tsp peanut butter (Teddie is my favorite brand!)
- Mix in your favorite fruit
- Optional: Add a scoop of yogurt on top if you want to increase the protein content of your breakfast or want to make it more filling.
Yield: 1 serving
165 Calories per serving using ½ banana and 1 tsp peanut butter
- If you buy the old fashioned oats in the large canister and use ¼ cup at a time as suggested on the left, you will get 60 servings, and it will only cost you pennies per serving.
- If you double the oats, double the water.
- Avoid pre-packaged oatmeal which often has many additives. Look for plain oatmeal and add your own toppings.
- Can be eaten as a breakfast or a snack.